Coming soon! For now a summary of this information is available on my printable resume.
Over time I hope to drift more into multimedia production, especially as it relates to instruction. As I accumulate more experience and professional samples, I’ll mention them here. Here are some of the places where I “got my feet wet.”
Workshops Attended: Sound design for your video project, Documentary filmmaking, Shooting HD Video
Tools used: Audacity (for basic editing), Levelator.
Scriptwriting: I’ve written 2 scripts for video shorts. Also, I’ve written short scripts for the Captivate demos I produced at my last job.
Multimedia Demos with Adobe Captivate
For a complete and succinct description of my work experience, check my resume and writing samples.
Software Industry/ IT Departments
General (How I work)
This is a summary of Robert Nagle’s teaching experience. Note: Classes taught between 1995-97 were in Albania with the Peace Corps; classes taught between 1997-8 were in Ukraine at the Volyn Institute (in conjunction with the Open Society Institute).
University Classroom Instruction (Semester Long)
- English for Special Purposes. Business English, English for Marketing & Tourism, English for Naval Engineering. (1995-8).
- English Composition 1 (1995-6).
- English Composition 2* . (1996).
- American History* (1996).
- Literary Theory * (1996).
- Linguistics (6 weeks only). 1995.
- Advanced Conversational English (1996).
- Contemporary American Letters. Taught 2 sections of undergraduates at Johns Hopkins as part of my fellowship. (1989-90)
* Because of political problems in Albania between November 1996 and March 1997 (which eventually resulted in a military evacuation), I taught these classes for only about 10 weeks.
Related documents: Peace Corps Albania Description of Service for Robert Nagle (PDF) and 1998 Recommendation Letter from Volyn Institute, Ukraine (PDF)
- The Novel in 2050: Twitter vs. Tolstoy. Presented a panel at South by Southwest Interactive, Austin, 2010.
- Resumes: Still Relevant? Presented at Freelancecamp Houston, (2009).
- Optimize for Reading: The Art (and Science) of Presenting Content. Presented at Barcamp Houston, (2007).
- Ebooks, Collaboration Tools and the Commercialization of Web Publishing. Emerson College graduate program for Publishing and Writing, (2007).
- Ebooks, Textbooks and Digital Storytelling. video webcast, Greater Houston Education Collaboration, 2007.
- Copyright, Technology and the Arts. 2004. Walden Internet Village. Panel Participant.
- Visiting lecture series. I gave a series of lectures in universities around Ukraine on pedagogy, business topics and American culture. (1998).
- Cooking & Nutrition Class. Co-taught a 6 session class about American cuisine. I taught entirely in Albanian. (Peace Corps, Albania, 1996)
- Applying to Graduate School (Albania, 1996).
- TOEFL Test Preparation Mini-classes (Albania, 1996-7).
- One Laptop per Child club. Started Saturday computer club for children under 10. (2008).
- Debate Clubs. Organized high school debate clubs at two local high schools. Served as chaperone and faculty advisor. (1996).
- American English club. Created club for college students in Ukraine. Although primarily social, this club provided lots of opportunities for students to practice English, learn about American culture and go on field trips. (1998)
- Helped to start a college newspaper at my university (1997). Appointed editors, coordinated things with the university, helped with planning and logistics.
- Compiled booklet of song-based conversation/grammar lessons based on American pop songs (1996)
- Wrote a 30 page “white paper” for the department of foreign languages that analyzed the school’s foreign language curriculum and proposed how to reorganize it (1997).
- Prepared class handouts on various topics (many of which were distributed to teachers at workshops I organized)
- Prepared role-playing games and learning simulations for business students
- Selected and prepared an anthology of business articles for foreign language undergraduates
- Wrote 2 step-by-step tutorials for Plone.org about creating content in Plone and managing Plone websites on Windows Server 2003 & Windows Server 2008.
- Prepared 10 web screencasts on various topics with Adobe Captivate
- Wrote online web tutorial for Dell manufacturing group about the OS installation/configuration process.
- Wrote course material for training of Dell factory engineers